Amazon isn’t sleeping in the tablet wars, they have expanded their Kindle line out of just being a way to read books, and solidly into the full on tablet market. The All-New Kindle Fire HDX 8.9″ Tablet has an HDX Display, Wi-Fi, Optional 4G LTE Wireless, 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB – and the display is amazing. Beyond all the normal talking points, Amazon is also piling up the good features:
- Exclusive 8.9″ HDX display (2560×1600) with unsurpassed pixel density (339 PPI) and perfect color accuracy (100% sRGB) for vivid, lifelike images that go beyond standard HD
Breakthrough ultra-light design—weighing just 13.2oz, it’s 34% lighter than the previous generation
- Ultra-fast 2.2GHz quad-core processor—3x more powerful than previous generation—with 2GB of RAM and Adreno 330 GPU for fast, fluid gaming and video
- Introducing the “Mayday” button—revolutionary, on-device tech support, exclusive to Kindle Fire HDX tablets. Connect for free to an Amazon expert 24×7, 365 days a year
- 8MP rear-facing camera with LED flash for high-resolution photos and 1080p HD video, plus a front-facing 720p HD camera for Skype video calls and more
- Stay productive on the go with ultra-fast web browsing, built-in OfficeSuite, plus e-mail and calendar support for Gmail, Outlook, and more
It’s a rocking unit, that is for sure, and certainly a strong contender in the tablet field. There really is too much to mention here, so I would suggest you click the link and check the unit out, it’s pretty hot for Christmas!